Eigevis Group of Companies opts for IQ Retail for its versatile and scalable functionality as the complete ERP system.
Eigevis Group of Companies operates as a multi-faceted business that was established in 1958 and today employs approximately 281 members of staff across 16 branches, trading in the West Coast and in Mossel Bay.
Eigevis operations span across various industries which include:
- Marine Stores - suppliers of commercial fishing gear, general & marine hardware, rescue equipment & marine pyrotechnics
- Liquor Stores
- Meat Processing factory and Butchery
- Renting business premises - houses, factories, store rooms and self-help storage units
- Hotels / chalets / self-catering accommodation
An IQ Retail client since 2008, with 63 logon users in multiple branches, Eigevis required a complete ERP solution that would not only be simple and easy to use but would cater to the varying dynamics and complexities of a fully operational multifaceted business. IQ Retail Business Partner, Jan du Preez from Best Prospects, recommended IQ Business with integration in IQ Restaurant to Eigevis in order to meet the complex requirements of their business. IQ Business offers a broad-based financial and functional solution that gives you total control over the operations of your business. IQ Restaurant offers complete inventory, staff, and transaction control, designed to smoothly interface with waiter stations and multiple transaction areas. Combining these solutions, Eigevis is able to boosts productivity, improve stock control across all businesses, empower decision making with functional operational reporting and performance analysis.
Ron van den Heever, Financial Manager at Eigevis said “We were looking for a point of sale solution that would be integrated with the general ledger. We needed more business information and we had to simplify the admin and accounting process”. Ron added “Our favourite feature on the IQ solutions would be the fact that we can export to excel. We do all our monthly as well as yearly reports in excel”.
- Invoice directly from Quotes, Sales Orders, Job Cards and GRV directly from Purchase Order
- Track costs and sales history
- Drill-down enquiries to view transactions on an item
As a result of implementing IQ Business and IQ Restaurant, Eigevis have realised the following efficiencies and benefits:
- Ability to cater for mixed operational environments.
- Multiple slip formats cater for multiple revenue centres each with their own identity.
- The integrated customer loyalty module with a central customer database, allows for the awarding of points, commission or values to customers based on the products they have purchased. Each product can be pre-allocated with loyalty scoring methods based on points, commission percentage or a fixed value.
- Strict access and audit control for all ordering (quantities, price changes, discounts, no charge items, maximum and minimum values), voids, tables, cash sales, takeaways and rooms.
- Menu buttons with both price and image display options and can be sized or colour coded and grouped together, allowing for quicker processing times and improved productivity.
- Full back office system including extensive stock control functionality.
- Full debtor and creditor system with receipting, journal processing, age analysis and transaction auditing, statement and advice note printing, supplier goods receiving and customer invoicing, sales and purchase orders with interbranch transfers for head office to branch or branch to branch stock transferring.
- Full purchase and sales comparison analysis, showing the sales, purchases, profit and GP%, stock movement, per item, department or group, for any day, week, month or year, reflecting either transaction by transaction details or summarized values only.
- Management reports identify top seller and poor performers, stock movement and variances per holding, per item, for any date range, past or present.
- Stock control figures are theoretical and actual based and include re-order levels and re-order quantities with warning indicators. Re-order reporting automatically extracts only those items that are required to be re-ordered and indicate the best price and preferred supplier.
- Built in daily &weekly usage forecasting utility, based on previous sales history.
- All stock variances are automatically calculated by the system and are done at end of day when the system recalculates the opening and closing figures.
- Complete break down and detailed analysis of all tender media (e.g. cash, credit card, voucher, discount, voids, etc) and banking per day, and or per cash-up location.
- The accounting system includes the facility to create and maintain a general ledger chart of accounts, budgets and to process journals, view accounts details and transactions. The general ledger integrates with debtors, creditors, stock, rooms and all other front office processing.
- The general ledger has the facility to print detailed or summarized VAT reports, ledger account analysis, ledger audits and the option to export ledger accounts with monthly movement figures to a 3rd party accounting system.
Ron further commented “IQ Retail has provided us with an excellent, inexpensive and complete ERP solution that's simple and easy to use. IQ has always been open and willing to make adjustments to the solutions to customise it according to our needs in order for us as a group to succeed and be able to do business effectively. At the moment, IQ is busy working on a few IQ Restaurant alterations for our hotels, chalets and self-catering units”. Ron added “The IQ solutions has assisted in accomplishing timely monthly management financial reports including sales analyses reports, positively impacting the productivity of the Eigevis group”.